Buildings and Equipment

The University carries insurance coverage or is a self-insurer, against fire only, on all University buildings. The University reports to the State Insurance Department on any major renovations to buildings and any new construction. There is no charge to departments for this basic insurance.


The State insurance on automobiles or trucks covers only liability against property damage to others and bodily injury to others.

Other Insurance

Other types of insurance such as All Risk, Theft, Vandalism, Comprehensive, Collision, Upset, Malpractice and Accident are available through the State Insurance Department and are based upon individual requirements. Contact the Procurement Services Office for assistance in these areas.